March 18, 2020
Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents and team members. Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented time. We are being faced with daily changes that impact all of us.
Current precautions and changes:
- OUR ENTIRE CAMPUS IS CLOSED TO VISITORS. This means ALL buildings, residential apartments, cottages, personal care, skilled nursing, and memory support.
- For residents and team members, badges will only work to enter through the Long, McElwain, and Dyrness lobbies. You cannot enter through any other door. We ask that you do not open side doors allowing people in at any time. Additionally, please do not let people in the main entrances after hours.
- All residents are encouraged to shelter in place as much as possible. Please do not leave the community unless it is critical to do so.
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people. Maintain a distance of 6 feet from any other person.
- Everyone entering any of our buildings will need to have their temperature checked; this includes any residents going out of one of our buildings and returning.
- Meals will be delivered by team members to all Residential Living residents, including cottage residents who have ordered meals.
- All dining rooms are closed.
- There will no longer be meal pickup at Windows on Park. Meals will be delivered.
- The Bistro will remain open for pickup.
- They Joyful Scoop is closed.
- The General Store will remain open.
- The Wellness Center hours (both fitness center and pool) will be reduced to those times when a staff member is present (Monday thru Thursday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.) The Wellness Center is available to residents only at this time. It is CLOSED to Great Rock Wellness members and team members.
- The Tiffany Center physicians (Schmitt and Trost) will do well visits in the Tiffany Center. Residents with any symptoms of illness should call their physician.
- Clips & Curls is closed until further notice.
- For the safety of our residents, the Coatesville Savings Bank branch at QPRC will be temporarily out of service beginning Friday, March 20th at 6 p.m., until further notice. The ATMs will continue be available 24/7. Nanci Caskey, the bank employee usually at our bank, will stop by to pick up transactions a few times a week. You may leave deposits or requests for withdrawals at the Long Lobby reception desk. The transactions will be taken care of when Nanci picks them up. If you need immediate cash, you will need to use the ATM. People with CDs will be contacted by Nanci as CDs mature.
Please continue to follow basic standard precautions to protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: If you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better. Consult your physician if you have questions.
- Avoid contact with those who have travelled or come in contact with someone who has travelled out of the country or to an area where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.
Please pray for our government officials, healthcare workers working tirelessly to keep us all safe, and for all the people working at QPRC and for the health and well-being of our residents.
Finally, we rest in the knowledge that God is sovereign over all. Selah.