Lancaster County, PA: Nature, history, food and fun.
Retirement living has never been so active.
After a lifetime of hard work and household chores, what do you do with all your free time? Lancaster County, PA, has the answers, and our Residents have some suggestions:
For nature lovers:
- Muddy Run Park, with a 100-acre lake and 700 spectacular woodland acres
- Historic Strasburg, with its secret gardens and idyllic Strasburg Community Park
- The Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum
- Sail over the countryside on a balloon ride!
For Amish attractions:
- The Covered Bridge Driving Tour, crossing two-dozen “kissing bridges”
- Take an authentic Amish Buggy Ride!
- The Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum for Amish arts and culture
- The Intercourse Berry Festival and Schaefferstown Cherry Fair (held since the 1700s)
- The annual Kutztown Folk Festival, with hex paintings, crafts, fiddlers, dancing, Civil War recreations and America’s largest quilt sale.
- People’s Place
For local flavor:
- Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant
- Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn
- Good N’ Plenty Restaurant
- Miller’s Smorgasbord
For Lancaster fun:
- First Friday! A monthly showcase of the visual and lively arts in 70 venues.
- Sight and Sound Theater – where the Bible comes to life.
- The National Historic Landmark Fulton Theatre
- The American Music Theatre.
- The Lancaster Symphony Orchestra
For the grandkids:
- Hands-on House, the Children's Museum of Lancaster.
- Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park.
- Hershey Park, with more than 65 rides for all ages.
- Strasburg Railroad
We’ve just begun to describe the fun you can have here with your family and friends. If you finish this list, don’t worry; we have plenty more!
Why not spend two days and one night as our guest at The Inn at Great Rock, where we can share our hospitality and show you around? Call (717) 786-5267 to arrange a visit.